1. All competitions and exhibitions are open to all fully paid-up members of the Dublin Camera Club.
2. All prints entered in competition must be window mounted. The only mount size allowed is 20’’x16’’. Double-mounted images are discouraged and images mounted thus may not be accepted for competition. Images should be firmly stuck to the board with adhesive tape; masking tape is not acceptable as it may come loose and damage other prints.
3. All digital entries entered in competition will be saved as jpeg files with a maximum file size of 3Mb.
4. All entries must be with the Competition Secretary on or before the advertised closing date for the competition.
1. There are three official competitions at the club every year:
• The Summer Competition, held in September;
• The Winter League and Finals, held from October to March;
• The Annual Exhibition, held in July.
3. At the discretion of the Council, a panels-based competition will be organised each year.
1. There are 3 sections in each competition:
• Monochrome Prints;
• Colour Prints;
• Digital Entries.
1. There are three grades in each competition:
2. Non-graded members who wish their work to be officially graded should contact the Competition
Secretary and should submit at least eight monochrome prints or eight colour prints or a combination of both. A Grading committee consisting of, at least three senior club members, will assess the images and recommend a Grade. Members are encouraged to be officially graded.
3. Members must compete in the same grade throughout the competition year. The competition year is considered to start with the Summer Competition and end with the Annual Exhibition.
2.3 NOM DE PLUME
Each entrant must choose a combination of four letters as a ‘Nom-de-Plume’. This must
not be in use by any other club member. This ‘Nom-de-Plume’ must be used for all entries,
prints and/or digital files in any one competition year.
2.4 ENTRY FORM AND PRINT LABELS
1. A fully completed official Club Entry Form must accompany every entry for the Summer Competition, Annual Exhibition and at least the first submission to the Winter League competition.
2. Print entries must display a fully completed Entry Label on the back of the mount.
2.5 NAMING DIGITAL ENTRIES
Digital images in files for digital projection will be saved as jpeg files using the following convention:
AE Annual Exhibition
SC Summer Competition
WL Winter League
This would be entry number 3 from Nom de Plume ABCD graded as Novice to the September 2016 Summer Competition.
This would be entry number 2 from Nom the Plume EFGH graded as Advanced to the December 2016 round of the Winter Monthly League.
This would be entry number 5 from Nom the Plume IJKL graded as Intermediate to the 2016 Annual Exhibition.
3. SUMMER COMPETITION
1. Each year the Summer Competition will take place in September.
2. The closing date for entries will be the first Tuesday of September, unless otherwise advertised by the Council..
3. Each member may enter up to three monochrome prints, three colour prints and three digital files.
4. WINTER LEAGUE
1. Each year the Winter League will commence in October and run for five consecutive months until the following February. The Winter League finals will take place in March.
2. The closing date for entries will be the first Tuesday of every month (October to February).
3. Each member may enter up to two monochrome prints, two colour prints and two digital files each month.
4. Each month the top 20% of highest marks for each section and grade will be retained for the March finals.
5. ANNUAL EXHIBITION
1. Each year the Annual Exhibition will take place in July.
2. The closing date for entries will be advertised at the club, typically being the last Tuesday of April.
3. Each member may enter up to eight monochrome prints, eight colour prints and eight digital files.
4. For print entries there will be five categories:
o Portraiture / Figure Studies;
1. A full set of Competition Rules will be published on the Club website.
2. Any breach of the Rules will disqualify the entry or entries involved in such breach. The decision of the Council on all matters relating to competitions and on the interpretation of the Rules shall be final.
3. While every care will be taken with entries, they are accepted strictly at the entrant’s risk. Dublin Camera Club and the Competition Secretary cannot accept liability for any loss or damage.